Other than taking away the words we didn’t understand, we tried to highlight those words.  
‘Cause sometimes when you come across sth that’s new/unfamiliar/strange/out of place, you tend to go back it or hover over it. We picked those words/phrases out from the text, and covered everything else. By using a simple gate fold, you first only see the selected words/phrase. Only when you open the fold, then you’ll see the whole text and get to understand what it is. 

We took it further and did our final outcome by having multiple folds. We overlaid each fold on top of each other so that they are in a way intertwined. We took out different words/phrases on each layer so that as you flip open each fold, you’ll see more and more text. It’s also another way of presenting how we read the paragraph again and again until we finally got to understand the meaning of it.  

day project on typography

When we first read the paragraph, we didn’t understand every single word in it and couldn’t make out entirely what it was trying to say. But after reading it a few more times, we came to understand what it was trying to say. We also looked up some of the words that we didn’t understand, such as ‘syngery’, ‘stooges’ etc. We realized syngery was a spelling mistake (intentional?) and it should have been ‘synergy’ instead. 

We were also given a B3 paper format. we aren’t exactly familiar with this B3 format as we don’t use it very often. Being unfamiliar with both the given text and format, we decided to work on the confusion and unfamiliarity of it for our project. 

We started off with taking out the words we didn’t understand from the text, illustrating how it was like we first read the text, literally how it looked like in our minds. We tried various ways of doing it, leaving blanks, scratching out the words and putting them upside down, hence reconstructing what it was like. 

We then tried to combine this into the format of the paper. And tried it with multiple folds and jumbling up the text.