After having a tutorial with Kit and Hannah, I decided to look at the format of my magazine spread again. I experimented with formats larger than A4 as suggested by Kit. I tried 30x30cm, B4 and 250x335mm. I decided to go 250x335mm with because I thought the other two formats are too square and too long, whereas allows sufficient space for a trapezium layout. I then went on to test out landscape and portrait formats of this chosen size. I thought both landscape and portrait had their own style in it. However, the portrait one is easier to flip through and gives better readability. I also had to increase the number of columns to 3-columns instead as 2-columns made the lines really long on a landscape format. There was too much of a difference between the shortest and longest lines of text. 

I’ve also adjusted the leading of text and used a soft return for spacing between questions and answers as suggested by Kit. It helped save more space so I could place more of the transcript onto the 3 double spread pages. It also help link/attach the questions with the respective answers more. 

I also did amendments to the visuals of the magazine spread. I rearranged the color photograph to the middle double page spread so that it became the ‘surprise element’ Kit mentioned in the crit. I’ve also created a new headline and introduced a new color to my spread. I took the orange from the colored photograph and used it together with black for the duotone effect of that photograph. I used the same orange for the quotes and headline so that I can keep the double page spreads in line with the same style and color scheme.